Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Training

Ok this is 2 posts because I barely had time to breathe let alone blog.

So May 1st 2006 started with me getting to the university at about 9:40am my boss had told me to be there by 10:00. So I waited.....and waited.....and then another girl showed up she was told the same thing by my boss. We chit-chatted, grabbed some coffee and eventually by about 11am some people started showing up. They gave us a package of info, and rooms in the North tower of the new university residences (which are very nice). We proceeded to have some long but interesting presentations with lots of pictures from all the parks and a historical overview of Sask Parks. The session wrapped up at about 2:30 and then we went outside for a walk around the bird sanctuary which was F***ING cold and windy. Of course I dont' have my winter coat it's in Carlyle town. I was ok though. I was getting through it. The ticks were out in full force. One guy tucked his pant legs into his socks, another girl had 6 of them on her, but I seemed to luck out.

The time was about 5:00pm by the time we got to the Wascana Tourist center for supper and a celebration (it's Sask Environment's 75th b-day this year) and yes we sang happy birthday to sask environment parks and recreation....happy birthday to you. We had beef on a bun and coleslaw, and chocolate and white cakes, which were delish. Then we had to go sit around a camp fire, down by the lake.. Oh yes did I mention it was cold, rainy and a lake is possibly the windiest place in the world to be? I had a short sleved shirt, long sleeved shirt and my fleece, but I also grabbed a few pop bottles and filled them with HOT water. They were my saving grace for the first hour while we watched 2 presentations but I was bloody well freezing by the end, and I had to pee REALLY bad. The day finally ended at 9 PM after having sat outside in the bitter cold for 2 hours.

Damn I will have to finish thes later, time to eat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm on it. I'm gonna be an overeducated worker making $10/hr

Anonymous said...

Thanks for deleting that guys comment Jeff, now what I sid looks really stupid.