Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Tales from Cannington Manor

Monday-cleaned Cannington, all of it. Every building that's out there, (except the blacksmith shop). The Maltby House at the end of Cannington is possibly haunted, apparently one of the workers last year felt a hand on their neck while playing the piano and a few others felt something "strange" when they were there I myself feel as though I'm being watched in that house.

Tuesday- taking inventory and setup. I basically worked in the carpentry shop all day, and was about the best place to be temperature and shelter-wise. So far it's my favourite place to be in the whole village. I also found out that we can use the shop to make stuff. We're allowed to start and run our own projects (blacksmithing excluded). I was soooooo pissed off when I was told I couldn't blacksmith! Of all the shit that I wanted to learn was how to do that kind of work, but I guess you can't leave a fire burning unattended.

Wednesday-Watched movies all morning about Canningtion, Remittance Men, Motherwell, and Pioneer Quest. Then went out to Cannington to get a thourough history lesson from my boss. I also tried on some costumes.

Shit I've learned this week:
-Just like our idea to start a planned community the people at Cannington had the same idea to build a utopian society.
-They call it "Moose Mountain" for a reason I have seen 2 Moose already on my way to work.
-I have to drive about half an hour from Carlyle to get to Cannington on gravel dusty roads but the traffic isn't bad. I had a bloody scary moment today when I drove past a semi on the grid road and I went completely blind from the dust! I could'nt see out the windshield for a few seconds, but it was enough to get the heart pounding. Rhonda's car wasnt' exactly built to handle gravel. It's way too light and it fishtails around 110kph. I imagine it's better than my car what with no struts and all.

Other shit:
My parents have been out here all week and it's been nice we've gone over for supper and stuff a few times. Tai has cavities in all her teeth and needs to have them fixed soon. Rhonda is coaching soccer and is already frustrated with all the "soccer moms and dads" Jesus Christ the kids are 5 -6 years old just let them have fun and chase the bloody ball.
I've tried to get ahold of Dan Duthie but I think his phone number has changed. I think I might have saw him riding a bike this morning on my way to work. It was a guy with red hair, and a bandanna, it kinda fits the description.

Anyways that's all from the Moose Mountains.
peace J.B.

1 comment:

Pilot said...

But how many MOUNTAINS have you seen? I bet less than 1.