Sunday, January 29, 2006

Tutor tomorrow

As my title suggests I will be a tutor in a Regina School tomorrow. I'll be working in a Pre-K class with a few students for a half hour each. Time with them is going to fly!! This is part of my education math class I'll be meeting with these students 2 times a week for the next 3 weeks. Bassically I'll be assessing where exactly they are at and then be working on counting, shapes, patterns, ordering and really basic math skills. What can I say I'm pretty excited (essited as Tai would say). I'm seriously starting to think I would be a better Pre-K or Kindergarten teacher than a higher grade. Granted the kids have more energy but everything is so hands-on and just plain FUN!!

We are supposed to make a game and then leave it for the class to play with. I had the idea for a number bingo game. it would be fairly simple for them to practice number recognition as well it wouldn't be too difficult to make. I was thinking of using a foam board and gluing the numbers on it. They can then use something to cover the numbers. I was thinking poker chips maybe. Of course I could do shape bingo as well (maybe on the back of the cards).

Anyways I better get back to work
any ideas or suggestions I'm more than open to them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope it goes well, little kids are great fun...sometimes :)