Friday, January 13, 2006

Green or Orange I'm still torn!

Ok I just got back from the debate for my riding. I must say the Green party candidate was far more on the ball than any of the rest of the candidates. The NDP candidate seemed to stumble alot over her words but possibly just nerves. The Conservative Candidate was reading everything off of cards. Ralph Goodale of course couldn't be there so they representative in his place came. She was ok but it's just not the same.

So where do I stand? Well I'm not supporting either of the Red or Blue parties the Reds can't be trusted, and the Blues are crazy, and can't be trusted. I don't like independants so they're out. There's no BQ candidate out here (They are a left wing party and they were one of the first parties to address poverty...Besides it's Friday and Gilles D's looking good in my books *wink*.)
So basically I'm left with Voting Green or NDP.

The Green has a good platform. I agree, environment should be our priority but the changes and statements they make aren't realistic to Canada. Not to mention the changes they propose cannot be done overnight. Like it or not we are part of a global economy.
The NDP have been in the house and I have seen what they are capable of. David Suzuki endorses the NDP which is definately a plus for them.

I guess, what it all boils down to is both parties are pretty descent. A vote for the green is a positive because it shows government that their issues are important to us.
I think I still have to support Layton though because I feel he's earned it.

No comments: