Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Importance of Maintaing a vehicle

I just finished dropping $500 at Mr. Lube today because everying needed to be done to my car.
I just stopped in for an oil change but discovered my coolant was no good, I needed an air filter, PCV valve. It was idling rough too so they gave it a fuel system treatment. The only thing left that they could do for me was Change my gear oil (manual transmission) so I figured might as well go for broke and Git 'er done.

The changes are noticable.
Smoother shifting
Nicer idle
Power up the wazoo!
Fuel economy increase

In some previous posts I said my car uses about 7.6L/100km or 34 MPG. Fuel consumption has decreased to 6.5L/100km or 40 MPG. Not too shabby.

The oil I put in is fully synthetic Mobil 1. It is truly the best.

1 comment:

Saskboy said...

Careful with the tranny fluid changes. I had something done at a lube place once, and things didn't work out right. I'm taking any tranny troubles to Mr. Transmission next time.