Sunday, December 03, 2006

My weekend

After feeling like crap all week I decided to get the hell out of this place and head for home to Weyburn. Where I went for coffee with Ryan, and cleaned part of my basement, as well as, got the xmas tree up, lit and decorated. I also watched Logan's Run a fantastic Sci-Fi movie from '76. The special effects were definately dated, but the premise of the movie is excellent, and interesting. I definately suggest renting it (or buing it from the bargain bin). I had planned on watching it with Ryan last night but for the first time ever my car wouldn't start...it had me worried so I assumed the worst and began looking at new cars. NEW CARS ARE TOO EXPENSIVE! Especially the foreign ones. For a Toyota Yaris with A/C and a decent warranty I would pay close to $430/month
for a VW diesel with A/C and base warranty it's close to $450/month. Ford has a pretty good deal on the new Focus with A/C and heated seats for $260/month. Shit as much as I hate the idea, I might go American when I go to buy new. I think I might look for a new car in Jan 2008. I'm pretty sure I can just make some simple repairs to my Swift and it'll last a few more years.

After Weyburn I drove to Manor in shitty blizzard, lots of cars in the ditch around Arcola, as well as, a few accidents. couldn't drive faster than 60KPH. Fun Fun Fun...I love winter (sarcasm).

Demon

No comments: