Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Apples and Oranges

That's been my day today comparing schools that I've been in. Manor School gets an A+ in my books Stoughton well it needs improvement. But anyways....

I was drinking with the staff sargent for the RCMP detachement, when she told me that I should look into becoming a member. I said you're crazy, I'm the wrong sex and wrong color. She said I would be in like sin because they are doing a HUGE recruitment drive and I already have a degree. It would mean 6 months in the depot (basic training essentially) then that's it I would be off. After 5 years of being a Constable I guess you would be looking at $70,000 a year. Well I would need almost 2 degrees and 10 years of service to get that as a teacher. So I'll be honest when I say I'm actually considering it.

Demon

No comments: