Sunday, April 08, 2007

Reflection on life and death

OK so on Friday I found out that a friend of mine was killed in a horrible car accident. It didn't dawn on me just who she was until today though...when the whole story started to add up. Blue Mustang...worked at a daycare, hasn't seen her parents in a few months...wait a minute I know this girl...fairly well. Though I'm not exactly sad or crying about it ( I didn't know her that well), I can't help but think about all the memories it digs up. The last conversation I had with her was on MSN about why she shouldn't take her car to a certain garage for fear of her being ripped off. I just feel a bit weird erasing her name and number from my phone. I was thinking about deleting her name from MSN messenger but I might hold onto it maybe...I don't know why exactly. Maybe because it shows how she left her mark on the world, and she won't be forgotten...for a while. I think I'm going to put all my passwords in a safe place where people will find it in the event of my passing. I think I would like whoever handles my affairs to at least send a mass e-mail to all the people to let them know. Maybe that's a bit morbid...but I haven't had a name to erase off my MSN list due to death. I suppose it would have happened eventually (lets be honest) but I just wasn't sure when.

Both her and her car both gone in an instant...which makes me appreciate all the things I do in life and why I need to do more, and be with the people that I like the most more often. I need to go on the canoe trip this summer, I need to do some serious traveling in my life. Who knows maybe those things will be my death...but if so then what kind of life would I have in the alternative? Sitting around in a basement...you call that living? At least I'm in a profession that nurtures life.

peace,
DemonCrush

No comments: